Stay on top of the latest happenings in social impact and social finance with our monthly roundup. We cover new funds, innovative products, impact reports, events, and more in the world of impact investing and social entrepreneurship.
There are some great job opportunities right now in impact investing and social enterprise. Here are a few current openings:
- Chief Lending Officer at XYZ Community Finance, closing July 31st. They’re seeking someone to lead lending strategy for affordable housing and small business.
- Investment Manager at ABC Foundation, closing August 15th. Looking for someone to manage their impact investment portfolio focused on cleantech, healthcare, and education access.
- Director of Partnerships at 123 Social Ventures, closing September 1st. Seeking a leader to develop corporate and nonprofit partnerships for their workforce development programs.
New Funds and Products
Exciting to see some new impact-focused investment products launching:
- Green Bank LLC closed their inaugural climate tech venture capital fund at $250 million in capital commitments. The fund will invest globally into startups reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Community Credit Union launched a new impact GIC product that directs invested capital toward affordable housing projects. Great to see mainstream financial inclusion.
- Breakthrough Ventures announced the first close of their women’s economic empowerment fund at $75 million. The fund will invest in companies improving livelihoods for low-income women globally.
Reports and Learning
Some good resources published recently:
- ABC Foundation released their 2021 impact report, detailing impact metrics and case studies from across their portfolio. Kudos on the transparency.
- XYZ University published a research report on racial equity as a systemic investment risk. Recommended reading on this important topic.
- Skillup Canada shared findings from their recent workshop series on social procurement. Lots of insights on how to boost social enterprise participation.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Regional Impact Summit, August 10-12th in Calgary. Connecting Alberta-based foundations, nonprofits, social enterprises and impact investors.
- Women Investing for Impact, September 20-21st in Toronto. Convening high-net worth women interested in impact investing.
- Impact Finance Course, starting October 5th online. Eight week course on impact measurement, deal structuring and more.
Content inspired by the excellent regular roundups by Lars Boggild on LinkedIn. Check out his feed for the latest news and opportunities in impact investing and social finance.